Good water saving practices:
- When something must be washed by hand the best way is to fill the bowl or sink instead of having the tap running.
- It is recommended to clean fruit and vegetables in bowls or buckets. Avoid cleaning under a running tap.
- It must be remembered that there are certain times when it is not necessary to have the tap running.
- Optimise dishwasher use; washing a full load helps us to consume less water, energy and detergent.
- Follow the manufacturers' recommendations regarding the use of the correct amount of product in the dishwasher or dishwashing station.
- Special care with the drains:
- Avoid pouring out pollutants such as cooking oil. This kind of waste (highly polluting) should be given to an authorised collector.
- Use filters in basins/sinks to stop food and other solids getting into the drain.
Good energy saving practices:
- Switch off the air conditioning and the lighting when you leave your workplace.
- Avoid opening the refrigerator repeatedly.
- Special care when storing dangerous products. If the products are kept close to a drain, they should be stored in waste disposal containers, to prevent spillage into the drainage system.
- Label all the products we use correctly, and use special care with cleaning products.